Hillman Real Estate Group’s Renee Hillman shares her top 10 reasons to buy new construction homes in the Triangle area. Love shiny and new? These are the homes for you!
(Trouble viewing the video above? Click here to view on YouTube.)
Top 10 Reasons to Buy New
- These homes look shiny and smell good! They’re also on-trend so you don’t have to spend money remodeling.
- There’s been no wear and tear so far! Expenses like replacing a roof or heating/cooling systems won’t come out of your pocket right away.
- Typically, you’ll receive a one-year warranty and an additional walkthrough of the property to address concerns/issues at your one-year anniversary after purchase.
- Building from scratch? You can put your own personal flair and design choices into the design of your new home. This is also a possibility if catch the house in the right phase of construction.
- Energy efficiency is tops! You’ll have modern insulation, SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) ratings on units, tankless water heaters, LED lighting, and more — all aimed at lowering energy bills.
- Love tech? So do we – and you’ll find all of the latest smart home features built in already in new construction homes. Things like digital thermostats, keyless entry, smart hubs, etc.
- Special Financing Options: Many builders offer different loan programs and you can often expect to negotiate (with a great buyer agent from Hillman Real Estate Group on your side!) a portion of closing expenses to be paid by your builder.
- There is less competition with other buyers in the new construction market, meaning it is rare for us to get into multiple offers scenarios on new construction.
- You’ll benefit from “forced appreciation”, in a sense, that’s pending from the very moment you purchase, as homes that sell at base new-construction prices tend to increase in value over time.
- Take your pick! You’ll have a wide range of diverse inventory to choose from in multiple cities when you begin looking at new home construction options across the greater Triangle area.
Don’t Go It Alone
Think you don’t need a buyer’s agent when you begin to consider purchasing a new construction home from a builder? Think again! Even the most reputable builders and their representatives will have their own interests in mind when it comes to sitting across the buying table from you. You need an experienced agent on your side to help you negotiate the best possible buying scenario for your unique scenario – and we’re just the team for the job!