On this 50th day of the year, what could be more fun than sharing 50 tidbits of North Carolina knowledge?! We recently stumbled upon this collection of fun facts and figures about the “Old North State” and thought that our HREG friends, both new to NC and lifelong natives, would appreciate reading through the list as much as we did!
Some of our favorites include:
- “5. The Outer Banks of NC hosts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.” FACT! (Check out our past blog post on a great coastal vacation HREG team leader Renee took last year!)
- “10. Havelock is home of Marine Base “Cherry Point.” It is the largest air base in the Marine Corps.” (Special shoutout to our clients in the armed forces and public safety – we appreciate you!)
- “17. Krispy Kreme Doughnut was founded in Winston-Salem.” 🍩 WHO’S HUNGRY?
- “22. The Biltmore Estate in Ashville is America’s largest home, and includes a 255-room chateau, an award-winning winery and extensive gardens.” Road trip to see the Downtown Abbey exhibit, anyone?
- “40. The town of Wendell town was named for the American writer, Oliver Wendell Holmes.” Save that piece of knowledge for trivia!
Check out the full list of fun facts here and let us know which piece of North Carolina knowledge is your favorite.